Biggles and Son: Chapter 20.

by Sopwith

Disclaimer: I do not own, or claim to own, any of the Biggles series characters used in this work. This fan fiction was written for entertainment purposes only and should not be considered part of the official storyline.

Warning: Non canon type fan fiction works may contain severe time mix-ups and character deviations.


Sebastian stood outside the garage watching until Biggles had disappeared from view before making his way inside the garage and asking to borrow a telephone. He dialed the number of the Mount Street flat. It was answered almost immediately by Ginger. “Hello?”

“Uncle Ginger?”

Most of the eagerness and enthusiasm went out of Ginger’s voice. “Oh,” he said. “It’s you. Where are you and what do you want?”

“You don’t sound very pleased,” observed Sebastian, sounding rather hurt.

“That would probably be because I’m not very pleased,” replied Ginger. “Well? What do you want and where have you run away to this time?”

“I’m with my dad.”

Some interest returned to Ginger’s voice. “Really? Where are you?”

Sebastian obligingly gave the name of the garage and its approximate location.

“Where’s Biggles?” was the next question. Fear crept into Ginger’s voice for an instant. “He’s not hurt, is he?”

“Er—no. He’s gone to try and find Uncle Algy.”

“Uncle Algy! Is he there as well?” said Ginger, in amazement.

“Yes. We just saw him kissing my mom and dad went a bit funny.”

“Algy? Kissing Jane? Are you serious?”

“Very.”

“All right, hold on,” said Ginger wearily. “I’ll get Bertie and we’ll be there as soon as we can.”

&&&

Algy put out his cigarette and was just reaching for another when he heard footsteps behind him. He turned to see Jane approaching him, and with a resigned sigh he was just turning away again when she suddenly reached out, grabbed him, and kissed him full on the mouth.

For a second or two, Algy was too shocked to do anything but stand there and wonder what had happened. He felt as though the sky had fallen on his head. When he finally did come to his senses, he attempted to struggle loose, but it was a few seconds more before he actually managed to get free of Jane’s grip.

“What—?” he began indignantly, but by then Jane had turned on her heel and was walking rapidly away from him, so he was forced to chase after her. He finally caught up with her at the back of the restaurant and demanded, heatedly, “What on earth was all that about?”

“All what?” Jane asked, flashing him an innocent smile.

“Why on earth did you just kiss me?”

Jane smirked, a knowing sort of smirk that made Algy feel uncomfortable although he did not know why. It was the kind of smirk that made him think that Jane knew something that she wasn’t telling him. “Did I kiss you?” she asked, looking surprised. “Or did you kiss me?”

“Of course I didn’t kiss you!” snapped Algy, appalled by the very suggestion of it. “I was standing there having a smoke and then you came up and assaulted me!”

Jane made a face. “Eww. Yes, I’d wanted to talk to you about that. The next time you kiss me, could you not smoke before you do it?”

“I didn’t kiss you!”

Jane smirked some more. “Yes, you did. You know, I’ve been thinking about it, and I’m surprised that it took me this long to realize it.”

Algy was exasperated and confused at the same time. He felt as though he were having a conversation with a two-year-old. “Realize what?”

“That you’re in love with me, of course!”



20 comments

  1. I'm s-s-speechless. *head on table*

    Soppy, there'd better be some explanations pretty soon. I'm getting so confuddled here! I need some sleep one of these nights :P Algy must have been poisoned - he's not in his right mind. He would never do that. Or else... *shudder*

    Jane is an idiot to think that Algy could ever 'be in love with' her. Insufferable woman. -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might add that this is a very fun chapter and I can't wait for more.

    On reading it again I'm sure that Jane is hiding something. There now! Algy's clear. *sigh of relief*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't anyone worried yet that Ginger and Bertie are coming in to the game? I'm sure we all remember what happened the last time Ginger showed up to chase Algy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... yes... but my head and heart was (and is) so full of concern for our (not Jane's) dear Algernon, that I hadn't thought of that. Now you mention it, perhaps we *should* start worrying...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grrr - THAT woman!!! Does her villiany know no bounds?

    AND what's more how DARE she imply that kissing Algy could be anything other than lovely? :(

    I'd forgotten just how much I loved Ginger's lack of enthusiasm towards Sebastian:)

    All in all a terrific chapter!

    (and Biggles must be bearing down on them just around the corner too! Can't imagine how that little meeting is going to go!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness! This has become rather juicy.

    I will say that I agree with Jane on one thing - it's icky to kiss someone who has been smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Argh... I get more angry every time I read this. Jane IS like a very annoying 2 year old child (nothing against 2 year olds, but I get what Algy means).
    Ooh, JJ, you've brought on some jealousy there. Jane was very lucky cookie when I think about it...
    And yeah, KK, but Algy... ALGY! Need I say more?
    I bet this is going to be awkward. Biggles will blame Algy (cause he's blind when it comes to Jane of course), Algy will get himself in a stick situation, Jane will act like an innocent puppy and Sebastian will whine. We do need Ginger and Bertie. 'No, Bertie - no time! Leave your monocle and get down here...'

    ReplyDelete
  8. *sticky
    (Sorry SA - I can't satisfy myself with the idea of letting my types rest un-corrected)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And what about Brochovich?
    I wonder if HE saw the infamous kiss from his seat in the cafe. Can't see him taking too kindly to seeing another bloke - let alone Algy - kissing his girlfriend. And we know he's committed cold blooded murder before now....!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel more moved than ever to go 'Poor Algy...' - He'll be metaphorically stuck between an angry, fist-at-the-ready Biggles and an angry, loaded-gun-handy Brochovich :( And Jane making everything worse :'(
    It's actually looking quite dangerous, come to think of it. It was heating up but now it's swelteringly twisted. Run Algy, run!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sainted aunt!!! I missed that this had been posted. All I can say is… well very little really as I'm pretty well speechless.

    Poor Biggles, poor Algy. It seems to be taking Biggles a long time to come and get Jane (and Algy). What's keeping him? I mean to say, Sebastian has even had time to phone Bertie and Ginger! Maybe Brochovich has already got him, maybe….

    Please write chapter 21 and put us out of our misery - never mind some fic about WWI on the forum… That comes 2nd. Well, no 3rd probably as you have left poor Algy in a Christmas fix elsewhere!!!

    You are so unkind to him Soppy :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhaa, well put SA - in every way. I didn't really bother about the Bertie WW1 thing either... As much as I respect Soppy fan-fics, right now I only care about ch. 21, quite frankly :)
    I wonder how many chapters it will take to clear up this mess? 30? 40? Not to mention the build-up of suspense... Oh dear...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope Biggles hasn't gone off for a cry.. :(

    (We know his emotions have sometimes got the better of him in the past.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear, you might eb right - I hope not too :(( That Jane isn't worth crying over, that's for sure X(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alas, AA, me too…. for 'eb' read 'be' - big sigh from a careless typer

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was wondering what you meant :) 'Ebb the flow of sadness...' or suchlike didn't seem to make sense. I can't call you a careless typer and more than I would myself - let's blame the keyboard :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. And there, I've gone and done it. *rolls eyes*
    I meant 'any' not 'and' :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are now moving to what I like to call the "Everybody Hates Algy" chapters...*evil grin*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh dear, please no... I am about to venture to *sigh* chapter 21

    ReplyDelete

While you are free to post comments anonymously, you are encouraged to use the Name/URL option to post so that your comment will not be filtered out as spam.

© The Algy Chronicles
Maira Gall