Biggles Married Chapter 9.

By Sopwith

Disclaimer: I do not own, or claim to own, any of the Biggles series characters used in this work. This fan fiction was written for entertainment purposes only and should not be considered part of the official storyline.

Warning: Non canon type fan fiction works may contain severe time mix-ups and character deviations

Jane stared at Von Stalhien, puzzled. "What do you mean, you're too late?" she asked.

"Again Bigglesworth has gotten in first," Von Stalhein murmured sadly. "It seems as though everything I do is something Bigglesworth has done before..."

Bertie aimed his gun at the German's stomach. “I'll show you something you can do first, if you like, what?"

Von Stalhein shrugged and smiled at Bertie. "You forget I know you all too well, Lord Lissie, and despite your assertions to the contrary, I know you actually enjoy being chased by me."

"No bally fear," growled Bertie. "I've spent the past few years of my life being chased by you, and I'm getting jolly tired of it."

"And you also forget that I have other people behind me, who will shoot you if you shoot me."

"I daresay this is something worth dying for, old top,” Bertie replied, a glint appearing in his eyes.

"No, stop!" cried Jane, in alarm. "You can't just start shooting like this! You have to wait for him to get ready, so it's fair."

"He didn't seem to bother about that when he was getting ready to shoot us," Ginger muttered.

“And I would say, two guns against one is distinctly unfair,” added Von Stalhein smoothly, as he reached out and neatly "borrowed” Jane's pink gun--a very easy task, considering the fact that Jane wasn't holding onto it very tightly. “There. Now all is fair, and we are both ready.”

"That's MY gun!" whined Jane, trying to snatch it back. "Give it back!"

"In a minute, my dear," Von Stalhein replied, grimly. "Just after I shoot Lissie and Hebblethwaite. Oh, and you may call me Erich, if you wish."

Biggles stuck his gun into Von Stalhein's back and said, sarcastically, "Well, well, what odd places you turn up in sometimes....Erich..." He and Algy had been coming up behind Von Stalhein while the above conversation had been taking place and no one had noticed because they were all too busy looking at Jane whining.

Von Stalhein eyed Biggles with hatred. "Ah!" he said.

"Ah yourself, Erich" growled Biggles. "What d'you think you're up to, flirting with other people's wives?"

"I haven't flirted with anyone!" protested Von Stalhein. "We were just talking."

"You can go and ‘just talk’ to someone else now," said Biggles coldly, putting more pressure on the gun in his hand.

Von Stalhein twisted in an effort to get away from Biggles. In doing so, he accidentally pressed the trigger of Jane's little pink gun.

Algy gave a surprised grunt and crumpled to the ground.

You shot him!" yelled Biggles, forgetting about killing Von Stalhein and rushing over to bend over Algy’s prone form.

"How was I supposed to know that you let your wife carry a loaded gun?" demanded Von Stalhein. "I thought it was not loaded. I would never let MY wife carry a loaded gun."

"Who cares about your wife?" bellowed Biggles, beside himself with rage. "You just shot Algy!"

On the sidelines of the argument, Jane sobbed out, "I didn't know it was loaded, I just liked the color of it, and so I bought it."


5 comments

  1. "Who cares about your wife?" bellowed Biggles, beside himself with rage. "You just shot Algy!"

    Well I am relieved to see Biggles has some sense of priotities.

    When you said crazy plot, etc, you really meant it didn't you :-)

    You should, of course, have had dear Erich shoot Jane...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shot him AGAIN??
    Ok, he is *totally* mine now!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The craziness hasn't even started yet hehehehe

    And AA, I didn't shoot him AGAIN. This was the first time I shot him--I wrote this story 8 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should have taken him 8 years ago, then Sopwith -- when I had the chance! ;)
    But you've definitely shot him more times since then.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. He will remain forever and always MINE.

    So there.

    ReplyDelete

While you are free to post comments anonymously, you are encouraged to use the Name/URL option to post so that your comment will not be filtered out as spam.

© The Algy Chronicles
Maira Gall