Biggles Married Chapter 14.

By Sopwith

Disclaimer: I do not own, or claim to own, any of the Biggles series characters used in this work. This fan fiction was written for entertainment purposes only and should not be considered part of the official storyline.

Warning: Non canon type fan fiction works may contain severe time mix-ups and character deviations



Algy exchanged a meaningful look with Bertie and Ginger. “That’s what you get from a whirlwind courtship,” he muttered resignedly. “Although this probably isn’t the time or place to say I told you so, is it?”

“Absolutely, old boy,” agreed Bertie. “Absolutely, what?”

Biggles spoke, his voice sounding strained. “But…but why would you pretend…?” he trailed off. “You made me think…I thought…”

“James, darling…” Jane reached out a hand, but Biggles backed away from his wife.

“Were you ever planning to tell me?”

“Of course I was, darling. I was planning to tell you on our honeymoon. Only we didn’t have a honeymoon after all, so I couldn’t, you see.”

“But why?” demanded Biggles. “Why would you lie to me about all of this?”

“James…you remember the day when we met? At the Aero Club?”

“Yes.”

“Do you remember when that car nearly ran me over and you saved me?”

“Yes.” His voice was a near-whisper by now. “Of course I remember.”

“And you remember how I said you were my white knight in shining armor and you said that saving damsels in distress was your job, and how saving me was the most amazing thing you had ever done in your life?”

“Did he really say that?” muttered Ginger, looking faintly sick.

Algy rounded on him, glaring. “Shut up,” he requested.

“Yes,” said Biggles. “Yes, Jane, of course I remember. What does that have to do with anything?”

“I just thought…you wouldn’t like me as much if I told you about the flying, and the intelligence work. I thought you would feel threatened by me. I didn’t want to lose you. I thought it would be easier if I seemed weaker than I really was, and you seemed to like it that way as well, so I might have…overplayed it a bit.” Jane’s words tumbled out of her mouth as if she had been waiting a long time to say them.

Ginger rolled his eyes at Bertie.

“But why on earth would you think that?” asked Biggles. “I’m not so insecure that I would feel threatened as easily as that.” He turned to the others for confirmation. “Am I, Algy?”

“Of course not,” replied Algy smoothly. “You’ve been flying with me for years, and you’ve never seemed insecure about me.”

“See?” said Biggles. Then, as what Algy had said sunk in—“Hey! Just what do you mean by that?”

Algy grinned.

“James.” Jane reached out and took his hand, and this time Biggles did not pull away. “It was stupid of me. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done it. But I did like you so very, very much.”

"Was there anything else you were planning to tell me on our honeymoon?" inquired Biggles wearily.

"Yes," Jane said uncertainly, looking Biggles in the eye. "I wanted to tell you everything there is to know about me. That is, if you still want to know?"

Biggles hesitated for only a second before squeezing his wife’s hand. "I do," he said, quietly. “Come on. Let’s go for a walk.”

Ginger waited until the two were safely out of earshot before muttering to Algy, "And I suppose this is the happily ever after part?"

"Yes, why not?" Algy shot back, looking distinctly annoyed.

"Bit gooey, isn't it? Made me go all goosebumpy."

"Oh, shut up, you teenager," said Bertie, a smile playing about his lips as he watched the happy couple walk down the beach towards the setting sun in the distance.

THE END

9 comments

  1. I am glad Algy was annoyed. I am too. Very.

    I would have preferred it if the Jane female had run off with evs - after all, Biggles pinched evs's girl... Why should Biggles have two and evs have none?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm still speechless. Yes, SA, I think I'd have preferred Jane to run off with evs rather than having Biggles wrapped around her conniving little finger!! He does know how to pick 'em doesn't he??

    Sopwith, I haven't laughed wo much in ages. Thank you for a truly entertaining and hilarious ride :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Of course not,” replied Algy smoothly. “You’ve been flying with me for years, and you’ve never seemed insecure about me.”

    Yes, our Algy is a very smooth dude! :P
    Haha that was brilliant Sopwith, absolutely hilarious!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nononono! For once, EVS would be doing Biggles a favour by running off with Jane. She's now on my hit lsit, along with Marie Janis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is everyone so mean to poor EVS? He's just as clueless about women as Biggles is...maybe even a bit more.

    It would also be slightly hard to write a sequel if one of the main characters runs off with another character...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe Biggles could wake up and find it had all been a fever induced nightmare and he'd never married Jane in the first place! There's certainly something a bit feverish about the pace of the whole story anyway! I'm quite breathless just reading it!
    Hugely entertaining story. Look forward (with some trepidation) to reading the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I had permanent fever all through high school--that might explain it! I cringe to think of some of the mad things I used to do...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved it, absolutely loved it! I may be a little late to the craziness but HAHAHA.. I laughed so hard! Your stories are truly entertaining reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you liked it. Expect more craziness to come your way...I'm dusting off the sequel.

    ReplyDelete

While you are free to post comments anonymously, you are encouraged to use the Name/URL option to post so that your comment will not be filtered out as spam.

© The Algy Chronicles
Maira Gall